Thursday 9 February 2017

Media rant


 Jason Vale's juice programme gave me the boost I needed, that's why...

Sometimes I get really, really fed up with the outdated 'advice' that is broadcast on TV as fact.  E.g on 'Rip off Britain' there was a whole slot dedicated to the fact that coconut oil is not good for you, because of the high saturated fat content compared to other oils.

In fact, Coconut oil is high in natural saturated fats. Saturated fats not only increase the healthy cholesterol (known as HDL) in your body, but also help to convert the LDL “bad” cholesterol into good cholesterols. By Increasing the HDL's in the body, it helps promote heart health, and lower the risk of heart disease. 

I really thought that the media and medical profession were finally catching up with the fact that it's not FAT that makes you fat or gives you heart disease it's SUGAR, specifically refined sugars. 

Yes that's sugar in your cup of tea, but it's also hidden in most processed food, even low fat products (if they don't contain sugar they have  artificial sweeteners with all the detrimental effects they have on health!) Also carbs pasta,rice, potatoes etc. which is speedily converted to glucose and then if there's an excess stored as FAT!

Then we have the 'Good morning' programme relegating 'Juice diets' to the realm of 'fad' diets. With members of the medical profession advocating these views even going as far as to say it will ultimately lead to weight gains!! 

That's enough to send any yo yo dieter back to the biscuit tin. I know, I was one! Yes, if after finishing a juicing programme you return to the 'crap' you were eating before...YOU WILL PUT WEIGHT ON. But that's the same with any eating programme, Slimming world, Weight watchers, LCHF, ask any yo yo dieter.  

There's even evidence to show that people who've had gastric surgery, are able to put weight on by liquidising the cheeseburger and chips or the double chocolate gateau.

Not only are these programmes irresponsibly based on outdated facts, they're also biased as there is no alternative viewpoint from those who've had success (not only in losing weight but also in regaining health) invited onto the programme to give their viewpoint. 

For me following the Jason Vale juicing programme, gave me the boost I needed, I've lost my taste for processed food,I now choose not to have the chocolate bar or the ice cream, not because I'm 'being good' but because I genuinely don't want them!!

Glad I got that off my chest...so much better than yelling at the TV from the living room!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...