Wednesday 1 January 2014

Weighing in...

Since returning from Saudi I lost about two stone.  The first stone wasn't difficult and I'd lost it by Christmas 2012... the next stone took  longer!!
Joined slimming World www.slimmingworld.com in October and  lost 1 stone 3.5 lbs. by April 2013
But...
have recently put on half a stone...
So time for a rethink.

Today I've begun on a macro diet, well... I'm beginning to collect information about all the regular foods I eat.
The way I understand a macro diet or IIFYM (If it fits your macros) is basically you work out how many carbs, proteins and fats your body needs to function properly and then make your food choices around these. So I can visit Nandos, have a bar of chocolate, butter on my baked potato as long as I fit it in with my daily macro allowance.
My goal...health! And of course to lose weight. 
My son has just successfully lost weight using this plan and he's my coach.  He's already worked out my daily intake:

  • 140g carbs 
  • 140g protein
  • 50g fat
  • Drink lots of water
So here goes...2014 a lighter, healthier Me!!

2 comments:

  1. Bring on 2014, let's aim for 57 kg by July, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure if I have to add sugars to carbs I'm already over my limit and I've not had nearly enough fats and protein!!

    ReplyDelete

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...