Wednesday 15 February 2017

I'll NEVER go back to eating JUNK food ...and this is why!


Ate Junk suffering the after effects!


Went out with the local WI today for our regular monthly lunch to the 'Fickle Mermaid.'
Company great... but food...yuk!

I tried to pick a healthy option, so I opted for beetroot,
mascarpone and pomegranate tart with side salad. This was listed as a lite bite but still a main NOT a starter! 

 When it arrived it was obviously shop bought so who knows what ingredients were in it.  It was also miniscule... Ok no big deal, because I'm really into salads and can quite easily have salad as my main meal.

One problem the salad consisted of 6 limp lettuce leaves, (looked like something lurking at the bottom of your  fridge salad drawer, which you would throw away!)

This is the salad remains untouched on my plate
 because it was so unappetising

Now I was really really starving and I made the mistake of having dessert.  It's not the sort of place to have a 'healthy' dessert. So I chose chocolate and pecan pie. I literally had 3 spoonfuls and I had to leave it, so, so sweet it was sickly.

I paid up and came home literally an hour later started to have pains that in the past I would have associated with IBS, another hour, stomach cramps, bloated  and since then spending a lot of time in the loo. (Ok...maybe too much information1)

So the only thing I've done differently today is eaten  high HI  (Human Intervention) foods, for the first time since I began changing my diet with Jason Vale's Big January Clean Up.

Feeling very sorry for myself between trips to the loo and drinking boiled water.

Will have a juicing day tomorrow (although it's not scheduled) and get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...