Tuesday 7 February 2017

Day 2 week 2 Jason Vale's 5:2 diet


Juices

Day two has gone amazingly well, can't believe I cooked cod, chips and peas for my husband and was not tempted tp pinch one chip! The thing about Jason's juices are even if it's not amazingly delicious it still tastes good. Also there is lots of variety. Couldn't believe yesterday there was one with chile and ginger definitely packed a punch!

Today's breakfast juice was delicious, banana, blueberries, goji berries and coconut water...yummy.  Last juice today was beetroot, apple, pear, lemon and strawberries absolutely amazing. 

I seem to be getting the hang of my Fusion Juicer (see problems in my review) http://healthwisemyjourney.blogspot.co.uk/p/fusion-jucer.html   I'm still chopping apples in half, but have managed to sandwich leafy greens between the two halves. everything else, pears, beetroot, lemons, just whizz through compared to my previous juicer.  So much faster, brilliant!

I'm really getting into cooking things from scratch and today made Ella's cinnamon granola , from her cookbook 'Deliciously Ella' it made loads and is now stored in a huge air tight container.    Looking forward to eating this with strawberries and blueberries and some gorgeous almond milk. 

I can't believe how easy almond milk is to make and so much tastier than the shop bought varieties. Just soak a handful of raw almonds in water overnight. The next day drain and then put in a blender with 500mls of filtered water and blend for about a minute. Then strain into a jug. It's supposed to keep in the fridge for up to 3 days, but I've never had it that long so can't really vouch for that.

So much energy these days, even cooking and preparing food in the evening. This is such a change, normally I slump on the settee after the evening meal and don't want to budge even to make a brew. 

With renewed energy and a new interest in cooking (which had become a chore) I'm loving this new way of eating!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...