Wednesday 8 February 2017

Weigh in and weight off!!


3lbs weight loss yaay! 

Thrilled that I'm eating delicious low HI food and losing weight! Since the 2nd week of January I've lost 11lbs so only 2 lbs to go to my first stone.

I have noticed that my weight loss is showing in my neck, which I'm not too happy about. But as my sister once said it's either a 'scraggy neck or a fat bum.' I think I'll go for the 'scraggy neck' and just invest in lots of lovely new scarves (I love scarves and any excuse...!) 

Today, I had a pear avocado and basil juice for breakfast.
Lunch was Jason Vale's sweet cherry and roast pepper soup.  This is a fabulous soup and so easy to make. 


 Just roast a red and yellow pepper, chopped red onion, 2 crushed garlic cloves and 12 sweet cherry tomatoes with olive oil drizzled over them, for 15 minutes.  
Then cook in a pint of vegetable stock. (I use Kallo because it's organic with no additives.) for 10 minutes on simmer. Then blend and serve. 

You won't find this soup recipe in Jason's 'Super fast Food' cookbook, but it's easy to find on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWidL1che2Q

Then the evening meal is Jason's salmon marinated in soy sauce, chile and ginger with noodles. This is definitely my favourite dish out of Jason's 'Super fast Food'.  It's so quick and simple to cook and absolutely delicious!!

I just marinade the salmon in ginger, chile, soy sauce and honey, in the morning and leave it in the fridge. About twenty minutes before I want to eat I chop the spring onions and red pepper.  Then I fry spring onions and a red pepper in the wok until soft then add the drained salmon to the wok. It takes about 5-6 minutes to cook. The marinade is reserved and when the noodles are cooked they are covered in the marinade, this takes 3-4 minutes to cook the noodles. The salmon and the noodles in marinade combined is gorgeous, and every single mouthful releases bursts of flavour, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...