Friday 10 February 2017

Cannot believe HOW much I'm enjoying veggie food!!


No I've not become vegan or veggie...I love fish too much, but ...       

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the taste and variety of veggie dishes.  
Two that have been amazing are 1. Pureed pea and mint risotto with parmesan cheese and balsamic. This is not only delicious, creamy and hugely filling,but also very economical


 It consists of arborio rice, stock, salt and pepper,red onion, peas, creme fraiche and parmesan cheese . Such simple ingredients most of them part of my staples.




2. Courgetti veggie bolognese, this has sun dried tomatoes and garlic and basil in the sauce, absolutely fabulous!!
More surprising I didn't miss the meat or pasta at all. It was very filling without that bloated feeling which pasta can often produce.


These recipes were all courtesy of Jason Vale from his 'Super fast Food' cookbook. (See my review)  http://healthwisemyjourney.blogspot.co.uk/p/bo.html

Then for the evening meal tonight I made black bean and kidney bean chile courtesy of a recipe from 'Deliciously Ella' (See my review)  http://healthwisemyjourney.blogspot.co.uk/p/deliciously-ella-rev.html

This was a hearty, warming and satisfying meal.
Particularly on a freezing cold winter's evening, like tonight. Simply black beans,red kidney beans, grated carrot, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and garlic. I added some shallot onions, and the whole lot took approximately 15 mins. Served with basmati and wild rice and a little grated parmesan ...delicious!  I'm definitely going to continue eating far more veggie meals in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...