Sunday 30 August 2015

Primal Blueprint Day 13

So far so good. As I'm not weighing in 'til day 22 I really don't know what my weight is which I'm finding difficult (I'm itching to get on the scales!) But on the plus side it's freed me up to just eat as suggested in the Primal Blueprint (PB) without kind of editing things and restricting myself.  E.g  after reading personal journals on 'marks daily apple'(MDA) (Which is where PB comes from,)


I began to question the way I restrict myself... not having breakfast so I can have more food on my plate at lunchtime, constantly worrying about portion size etc. Often this is influenced by what the scales are showing that day. 
After reading one of the journals I found that the writer said she just put her salad together with what was handy in her fridge. She didn't seem to worry about working out carbs fat and proteins.( And she's been so successful she has to make sure she now eats enough to stop her losing more weight!!)
 So I thought right stop worrying about it just make a meal to enjoy!! It was a real lightbulb moment. So I made my salad with everything I fancied, mixture of salad leaves, spring onions, avocado, olives, sun dried tomatoes and some mackerel both pieces. Made a simple dressing out of olive oil and wine vinegar and salt. and enjoyed (I've never really enjoyed salad before, just eaten it so I'd eat less of something else.) I actually put my fork down and thought OMG this is delicious I'm enjoying every mouthful. I even allowed myself some blackberries with cream afterwards. I felt great but also free. Didn't eat until 8pm and again ate freely butter chicken and cauliflower rice with coffee and cream after. Amazing So thanks, to reading about someone else's experience on MDA, something clicked. 

Woke up today and I didn't feel hungry at all, and apart from a cup of coffee with cream, I didn't eat lunch until 3pm. When I say I didn't get hungry, I didn't fancy anything, despite the fact that I was cooking all morning in the kitchen...this is a first! When I did eat I just had 1 portion of mackerel and a dollop of homemade coleslaw. Dinner tonight (8pm)was bolognaise, made with lots of garlic, butter and fresh basil. I had to go on a 2 hour walk beforehand to work up an appetite.Even though I'd been gardening all afternoon (quite physical stuff)
I'm wondering if using more fat in cooking means I have less appetite in other words my body doesn't need as much food. E.g. yesterday for dinner I had butter chicken curry which uses loads of coconut oil/butter

 and I'm wondering if that's what made me feel full until late afternoon. So I'm upping the amount of fat I cook in, also making sure I have plenty of protein. Tonight I added extra butter to meat bolognaise sauce and it was lush. I'd also made courgette spaghetti but the sauce was so good I think I'd eat it on its own next time

So finding this plan is, if nothing else, helping me look at myself and my attitude to food. 
My plan is to eat only when I'm hungry, eat until I'm full and enjoy!!
Will I lose weight...I'll find out on Day 22...meanwhile I'm enjoying every mouthful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...