Sunday 16 August 2015

Primal Blueprint 21 day challenge...thinking about it!

Ok so how did I do on Zana's High Fat diet...lack of recent blogging probably tells a story.  Everything was fine then I had a tooth out and felt very sorry for myself so cooked an everyday LCHF meal, steak with lots of lovely fried onions, mushrooms and courgettes cooked in butter plus several cups of coffee with double cream (all pure comfort food)

Basically, after that didn't go back to Zana's miniscule meals with all the weighing.  I've just stuck to LCHF...
oh except for a lovely day out last Wednesday at  Alexandra park. 











A beautiful warm summer's day,
family walking and bike riding in the shade, so could count walking as exercise ( but, truthfully it was a gentle stroll  enjoying the fresh air)

Had pot of tea for two and I had a delicious rhubarb flapjack, then followed it with an ice cream (salted caramel of course) Ok not so bad, but then had two delicious barbecued lamb burgers with the bread buns I've not eaten bread for months! So definitely not LCHF!

Finally braved the scales today and the Good News is I've not gained weight, the Bad News... I've maintained.

So I need to kick start my weight loss again!!
What I really want to do as well as lose weight is get relaxed around food.

I've re-read Primal Blueprint(PB) and I'm going to take the 21 day challenge. 
He suggests you begin on a Monday so today is a good day to decide.
PB is more generous with the carbs up to 100gs for weight loss, but I think I'll look at 50-60 (so this is upping what I'm having now.)
 A look at the PB food pyramid shows it's very close to a LCHF eating plan.




My main concern is that most people who begin on PB are on a SAD diet at the begining, whereas I'm on LCHF which in comparison is pretty healthy already. So will I lose weight?? What I do like about PB is it allows me to have more variety of veggies, also fruit but I have to watch the fruit because of the fructose. It's worth a try as there's no weighing of food, just eat according to the pyramid when you're hungry until you're full. Not hungry don't eat...simple?? 

The other thing I'm going to do is....big breath...ditch the scales...and breathe!! 



Well at least for 21 days. Will weigh in tomorrow and then not again until day 22 eeek!
I already walk an hour a day, so will begin pilates on Tuesday and add to that swimming. So here goes, either I'll gain, lose or maintain!!
Time will tell...the proof is in the eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...