Monday 13 July 2015

Paleo diet, the primal diet, intuitive eating and more...

So many differing viewpoints/philosophies around what you should and shouldn't eat. All of them sounding so rational and yet which way to go... 
confused you bet.












All I want is a healthy eating plan to:

  • lose weight (big factor)
  • maintain good health, particularly as I get older...it's not how long I live but the quality of life which is important.





















I began this journey as I watched my husband's health deterioate.  The diabetes with high sugars has had a detrimental effect on his health. Leg ulcers, chronic heart failure, difficulty losing weight, exhaustion etc. Also all the medication he daily takes produces their own side effects. I refuse to accept that it's inevitable as you age. 

SO first things first I Have to continue to lose weight!! BUT I'm also concerned about eating the right foods.

Currently I'm following LCHF which I found on the diabetes forum  http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/ there's loads of different ideas on nutrition but I got hooked up with the low carb diet forum. 

I now blog under timerich detailing the success of LCHF on my husband's health.

But what I really want is to get to the place (another 2 stone) where I'm not constantly on the scales and watching every mouthful...I just want to relax around food!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...