Saturday 18 July 2015

debunking the Paleo diet

Watched a Youtube clip which debunked the Paleo diet


Debunking the paleo diet | Christina Warinner | TEDxOU 









It's interesting rather than entertaining, like a mediocre lecture, I was switching off at the end of the video.

Although I know that The Primal Blueprint ( PB) is an ofshoot of Paleo I wasn't concerned.  Quite honestly I'd skimmed through all the stuff (only read the sample first chapter of PB so far) on caveman, ancestry, evolution (I don't even believe in evolution...it's still only an unproven theory) I felt that most of what was suggested about how man lived millions of years ago had to include a lot of supposition and guesswork. I was more interested in the food that made up the diet plan and I liked the way it matched up to a large extent with LCHF.

And the reason I'm choosing this way to lose weight is because of the massive benefits it has for my husband who's a diabetic/ recovering carboholic.  It's just easier to cook the same meals for both of us and the food is delicious.

Made my first meal from PB quick cookbook today, sausages wrapped in cabbage leaves with a creamy mustard sauce.

mustard sauce
LUSH !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...