Friday 3 March 2017

Yoga the gentle form of exercise....oh really!


According to the 'NHS live well', yoga doesn't count towards your 150 minutes of exercise!

Apparently it's not strenuous enough!! And so, feeling fairly confident that it wouldn't be too difficult I signed up for a course. I wasn't interested in all the 'mumbo jumbo' finding my happy place etc.  I was just interested in the 'gentle, soothing' exercises...

I don't know who assesses exercise for the 'NHS live well', bur they obviously weren't 62 and the last time they exercised was back in the 90's when they took two days to recover.  It is definitely not for wimps, pulling, stretching all those muscles that a.) I didn't know I had and b.) haven't worked for years. 


By the time I finally collapsed on the mat for the last 15 minutes of relaxation, I didn't care about any 'mumbo jumbo' I'd definitely found my 'happy' place!

Honestly, if I hadn't paid up front for my lessons I think I'd have chickened out of continuing.  The next session was slightly easier...and I can now touch the floor with my finger tips! Yaay! Ok I know everyone else get their palms on the floor with ease...but small steps...  

I have noticed farting can be a side effect of all this relaxation, so note to self NO mung beans and lentils the day before classes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...