Saturday 4 March 2017

Move over Jamie Oliver...Jason is the new kid on the block!

My most used cookbook...and it's not Jamie Oliver, The Hairy Bikers, Mary Berry or even good Old Delia!

Jason Vale super fast food

Jason Vale has become my 'go to' every time! His recipes are easy, delicious but most of all made in minutes!!  


Take last Friday, it was wet,windy and miserable.  I'd already got soaked walking the dog and I just wanted to stay inside in the warm comfort of my own home... I definitely didn't want to go out and buy stuff for the evening meal. 

It was going to have to be something that I had all the ingredients for and I didn't want to spend hours in the kitchen (some days there are better things to do especially when you've just bought a new crime novel and can't wait to start reading it!) So it had to be quick!

A quick check in the pantry and the fridge and I decided to make Jason's veggie chilli.

I've made it before and it's super speedy and tasty, real comfort food on a miserable March day.

I've made most of the recipes now and they all work. In the intro to his book Jason says, 
'I want this book to get worn, stained and scruffy' 
Jason would be proud of me...I've certainly achieved that! 

Oh and the crime novel I couldn't wait to read, Sarah Ward's           'A deadly thaw' 
A deadly thaw
This is Sarah's 2nd novel, the first being 'In bitter chill' which I loved. Some 2nd novels sometimes disappoint, not this one, a real page turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...