Friday 3 March 2017

Exercise is it really good for you?


Ok so I've changed my eating habits and I'm losing weight...what about this exercise thing? 



I've been giving a lot of thought to exercise recently and what or whether  I should increase mine? Exercise for me is dog walking, about an hour a day and then general household tasks, spring summer and autumn this includes gardening.  But is this enough and is exercise really that beneficial?

Every weight loss story I read describes the misery of 'fat' and  the bliss of 'thin' and somewhere along the weight loss journey is the discovery of the joy of exercising.  So I fully expected the desire to exercise...to suddenly kick in...right about now actually. 

To date I've lost 1 stone 1 lb (15 lb) so I was expecting to suddenly jump out of bed with all this new found energy, grab my trainers and be doing laps around the block! It just hasn't happened for me, hence booking in for Yoga the 'gentle soothing' exercise... yeah right.   

So why am I doing it?  Especially when research states that the effect of exercise on any single health risk factor i.e. high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes is generally small.

Well, because research also shows that, combined with other lifestyle changes such as; proper nutrition, cutting down on refined sugars etc. the effects can be dramatic!

I've found the eating plan that works for me...lots of lovely juices, and meals that contain delicious nutrient dense foods.  Now to suss out the best exercise plan for me...

Anyone for aqua salsa! ( And no I haven't just made that up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...