Monday 6 March 2017

living on the edge...

Decided to continue living dangerously...

So after reading all the hyperbole on the dangers of a juicy lifestyle and all the nutrients I'm not feeding my body on 'netdoctor', I decided to  do a count up, of exactly what my juices consisted of yesterday. (Mondays are day 1 of my 5:2 juice diet)

Juice 1 
1 apple - vit c, anti oxidants, soluble fibre

2 pears- copper,vit.C&K, phenolic phytonutrients including   antioxidants, anti inflammatory flavonoids,soluble fibre

A quarter of a cucumber- sodium, potassium

2 spears asparagus-vit.B,C,E &K,   calcium,magnesium,zinc,protein,beta carotene, thiamine and riboflavin

Avocado (100g)- several B vits., vit.K,C &E, potassium, 'good' fats

Juice 2

1 apple (see above)

1 pear (see above)

A quarter of cucumber (see above)

Handful of fresh mint -Vit A,C & B-complex vitamins.


Juice 3  
This juice looks so innocent,
but with the combination of chili and ginger
it definitely qualifies for living on the edge!

1 apple (see above)

Half a pineapple -Vit C,B1&B6, copper,manganese,folate and bromelain

Half a mango-Vit A,B6,C,&E, flavonoids and potassium

Red Chili-  Vit. C, potassium,magnesium,iron,

Lime-Vit C,calcium,iron,copper

Raw ginger-Vit C,magnesium,potassium,copper,manganese


Juice 4

1 beetroot - Vit C, iron, potassium,manganese (renowned for cleansing the liver and the blood, reduces high blood pressure)

2 carrots -mineral salts such as potassium,cobalt,iron  magnesium,copper, phosphorus

1 parsnip- Vit.B, C, E&K, potassium, zinc,iron,phosphorus, manganese,magnesium,
A lovely sweet juice to finish the day with!

Raw ginger (see above)   


So it comes as no surprise that I definitely never felt hungry, I had no bloating or stomach cramps. I had lots of energy and I'm sleeping like a baby. Plus signs and symptoms of a cold I had over the weekend have disappeared altogether without trace!

Too dangerous to live on juice...bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...