Saturday 31 January 2015

Raw food diet.....erhmmm

Typical mix of  fruit and veg for juicing

IIFYM is going well and I've just lost another 2lbs.  But the more I surf the net the more I'm considering the raw food diet, not only to lose weight but also because of the health benefits. I can make it fit into IIFYM, but a juice is loaded with calories which really cuts into my main meal...so I'm flirting with going raw.
I tried juicing in 2011 and bought an Oscar 900 as it's strong enough to juice wheatgrass. It was mainly just for health reasons as my husband's diabetes had grown worse. There were definitely some improvements to his health and I found I had lots more energy.

So I've dragged out 'Oscar' from the back of the cupboard and begun ordering a weekly organic juicing box from Abel & Cole http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/   I'm starting with two juices a day and  a regular meal in the evening.



all ready for juicing

breakfast is served


   So far so good lots of energy and I'm really enjoying the juices, but I'm concerned about losing weight due to the high carbohydrate (sugar) content of the juices.  Despite that, the more I read about going raw the more I like the idea, so will carry on for the time being.
   
                     



No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...