Tuesday 13 January 2015

Right diet for me?

Still following  IIFYM...  but also open to new ideas.

Last night I watched What's the right diet for you. 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkxTWw-kZg

  
  It was really interesting, through a series of tests the 'volunteers' were split into 3 groups:

  •   feasters
  •  comfort eaters
  • constant cravers 

low Gi foods

Each of these groups were then given a diet plan to suit there particular eating type. I began to wonder if I should give any of them a try, depending on my own particular eating habits and then the diets were explained, lots of  protein, low GI foods, all was going well, then they mentioned that potatoes and bread were off limits for two of the diets.  My problem with this is that as soon as a food is banned amazingly that's what you want to eat.  Worse than this was the constant cravers who had to virtually starve for two days a week (800 calories a day) and no carbs!! Ok so 5 days they could eat normally (healthily) but two days of starving!!
I still decided to take the test to see what kind of eater I was.  Apparently I didn't fit any of the criteria... so I can happily continue with IIFYM. I can eat potatoes,bread and I'm not restricted to 800 calories on certain days in the week ...so long as it fits my macros...Yaaay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly there...

Three years on...                                       and the end is in sight... Finally,  within 2lbs of my target ...